H1Z1 is a sandbox zombie MMO (Massively Mulitplayer Online) game in early access on steam, currently in development by Daybreak Game Company. As expected the game is heavily focused on survival, in the standard sandbox mode you get dropped into the large open world set in rural america. All you have on you is your clothes a flare and a bag of gauze, meaning you have to search and scavenge for supplies to survive whilst fighting off zombies, wildlife and other players. There are food and water bars that you need to replenish. There is also a health bar that if drops to zero means you are permanently dead and need to create a new character. Crafting is a big aspect of the game with the ability to craft items to keep you alive like a bow and arrows for protection and for hunting, fire’s, backpacks, gauze, bandages etc, you can also cook food and purify water.
- Large open world.
- Lots of looting, scavenging and searching for supplies.
- food and water needed to survive.
- craft items.
- build shelters.
- guns and ammo are scarce.
- wildlife can be hunted for meat to cook.
- day/night cycle.
- can be played in first or third person.
- Battle Royale gamemode is a time limited last man standing mode.
Some images of the game (not my own):