For our aspects of play module one of our learning outcomes is to plan and create a fragment of a game and to demonstrate appropriate game play within it. So this is my initial proposal I had..
- Side scrolling puzzle platformer.
- Start each level in a build faze that lasts a certain amount of time.
- In build faze you will be given a certain amount of materials/objects/terrain to use within the grid and solve puzzles.
- Place them as you wish, won’t always be necessary to place all in your inventory.
- Once placed the level will begin as a normal platformer.
- There will be lots of different building materials/objects/terrain that can be used in different situations to complete the level.
After speaking with Paul about it the game was accepted but a few aspects of the game where tweaked the main change is that the build faze has been removed to just let the player build when they want to, I think this is better because it gives the player more control over what they can do. and this is the rough write up of the proposal..
‘My game proposal is for a platform game where you build terrain to complete puzzles such as jumping over pits and getting to higher platforms. To build the terrain you will have to find and collect it first then it will be put into your inventory to be used whenever you want to. There will be more then one type of building terrain which will be used in different situations like sand, dirt, concrete etc. For example sand could only be used to jump on because it disappears straight away but you can place it where you want but with concrete you can only place it attached to ground but does not disappear. I plan to have a timer on each level but haven’t decided whether when that time runs out its game over or its just for scoring purposes as the quicker you complete the level the better score you get. I also plan to include enemies to give the player something else to think about so they will have some sort of weapon.’