We was set a challenge to either model a Nintendo 64 in 64 polys, a chair in 128 polys, and a full PC in 256 polys. I decided to go with the Nintendo 64 and was initially struggling to get started with it so Matt helped me with the model. I did the unwrap and the texturing myself and i think it went relativity well for my first attempt at doing this for a complex object. In the end i did it in 57 polys and this is it rendered:
Some of the textures don’t look great because i had to do a lot of clone stamping in Photoshop to get them right but overall i’m pretty pleased for my first attempt. If you saw this in a game i don’t think it would be too out of place really and wouldn’t get much attention drawn to it for being bad. One thing i would change in the future would be to try and get better reference images with less light reflection.